Thursday, December 31, 2009

LA Road Trip!

March 21st, 2009
Shortly after the Acoustic Show in Sacramento, Janicca and I drove to LA to see them in concert. We met up with a few of our So Cal mom friends for the show.
Isn't the view from I-5 lovely?

We stayed at a wonderful apartment complex appropriately called The Meadows!

We got there a few hours early. We had a nice dinner at California Pizza Kitchen then walked over to the venue...which happened to be a small club called Club Nokia. We tried our hardest to get into the meet and greet but alas, we had to entertain ourselves outside in line for the last couple hours.



After much anticipation (and a not so awesome opening band) the real fun began! We were about two people from the front. We were tempted to kick the guy in the front row in the arse, since he kept leaning over the railing and sticking his hiney out... but I digress. The show was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! They played all their new songs off of their new, yet to be released CD, Approaching Normal plus many more songs off their previous CDs. We got to hear Say It several times since they were recording the music video during this concert.


After the show, we were too wired so we went to have breakfast. ; )


I didn't take any videos at this show. But here are some from youtube. (It may sound like my fangirl screaming in the background, but it is not...LOL)

The first song they played was Weight of the World.
The second song they played was Say It.
Been Down (This one he serenaded Janicca!!!)
Hate Me (partial)
~~Donna

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That was the best evening EVER! That was the second time I'd seen Justin perform. I fell in love with him the first time...the second time, I fell in lust! LOLOLOL! I'm sorry. I shoudn't say that. But I got to see the full extent of his performance, rather than him sitting in a chair and seranading Stephenie Meyer....from this moment on, my life was forever changed. Edward Cullen, move over! Justin is my new love! {=)

    ReplyDelete